Friday, July 20, 2012

Time to start a blog!

Well, here I go... I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, and finally decided to just get started. I'm still not sure what this is going to end up being, but I've decided (for now) to focus on what I know best... eating.

So let's start with what I am not:

1) I am not a chef. Sure, I make a mean chicken salad... and went through a pretty self-empowered Hamburger Helper phase in my life... but by no means am I a chef. I don't know how to make food and, frankly, I'm not that interested. Don't read this blog expecting to learn more about what foods are made of or what I would suggest as improvements. Do read this blog expecting to learn if I think a dish is delicious and would want to order it prepared my favorite way... 3-at-a-time.

2) I am not sophisticated. I tried to write the previous sentence a couple times to make it seem less self-deprecating, but I'm not ashamed of how it came out. I like simplicity in my food and usually feel like the fewer ingredients there are, the better. My dad taught me a trick at a restaurant. If you're not sure if you will like something, ask the waiting staff to describe it. If it takes more than 10 words order something else. Don't read this blog if you want to follow current food and health trends. Do read this blog if you agree that the high bar that food should be measured against is Taco Bell.

3) I am not healthy. If you are concerned with eating healthily, don't read a blog with the words 'fast' and 'food' right next to one another in the title. I don't complain that your vitamin supplements aren't yummy enough, don't expect me to complain that delicious food isn't healthy enough.

4) I am not a big spender when it comes to food.  I am not a cheap person by nature... I like to throw money at problems and I upgrade my electronics annually. What is strange though is that when it comes to food, which is something I am very passionate about, I am overcome with the need to save a penny here and there. If one TV costs hundreds more than another... who cares? I buy the better TV. But if one meal costs an extra 39 cents I am crippled with indecision. Needless to say, I look for lots of volume for a low price. Again, Taco Bell manages to set a pretty high bar.

5) I am not shy with my opinions. I have lots of emphatic feelings and passion for food and other things and I might end up sharing them. Wait until you hear what I have to say about Oatmeal Raisin "cookies".

If anyone ends up finding this and reading, let me just say something in advance.... You're Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment